Sunday, February 6, 2011

February

Grandma Horse

Last month turned out to be a lot of emotional ups and downs and next thing I know January is gone, February is blowing her way in and I'm sitting flat on my butt wondering "wha' happened?"  Time to get on my feet again and quit letting stuff like that kick my butt.

Oh, in case you haven't heard, the Packers are in the Superbowl today.  Stop the world!  Yes, I admit, I am a Packer fan.  You almost cannot be a lifer in Wisconsin and not be.  So I will be sorta' watching (probably painting a model horse or putzing on the internet) while my husband and I sit on the bed to watch the only tv in the house (a rinky dink 19") and I'll pray to God he doesn't launch me off or yell so loud I drop something.

It has been above zero the past two days so I have been out by the horses.  My grandma horse is shedding like there is no tomorrow.  Rolls and rolls of hair coming off her. Unbelieveable.  She is the only one.  They don't make curry combs that can rake her hard enough.  And my fingers get tired and sore but I keep going because just the ecstasy on her face is worth the stiffness later.

No comments:

Post a Comment