Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ringing In 2011

Greetings!  And welcome to my blog, new as of 2011.  What I plan to do with it is just document my horse activity, share photos, stories old and new, perhaps my artwork and hobbies.  Just a little of everything I guess.  The exercise is to work on the blog this year and see what comes of it.

Let me give you a little intro. My name is Chris and I am 49.  I am married to Jim and we have two sons ages 19 and 20.  I am on the backside of a huge midlife crisis thought still not sure where I am going with the rest of my life.

Horses have been the one consistant thing in my life.  I remember crawling on the floor and literally feeling my hands turning into hooves.  I thought I was going to grow up to be a horse.  45 years later it hasn't happened yet!  I got my first horse when I was 21, a black tobiano Paint mare named Nita.  I will tell you more about her in the future. 

Before that though I started working at a local riding stable at age 10.  Yes, you read right, 10.  The stable would have kids do all the work and at the end of the day grant us a free hour ride.  We thought it was a great deal and really, it was!  But it had a lot of down moments too as they treated their horses more as a commodity but us girls took the best care of them all that we could and loved them as we figured they deserved. I did that until I was graduated from high school at age 17 and went on to tech. college for Equine Management.

Anyway, I am also a lifelong model horse hobbiest and dabbler in the arts.  I enjoy writing, have penpals...yes, the kind you actually send paper letters to, ha ha!

I work as a rural mail carrier sub when I am not on the farm.

So there is a little about me.  Feel free to click on the "follow" button and let's share our stories!

Here's to 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment